[vlc] Re: Quick question.

Olivier Teulière ipkiss at via.ecp.fr
Tue Apr 22 19:35:51 CEST 2003

On Sun, Apr 20, 2003, Patrick wrote:
> Hi. I don't know if this has ever been asked before (I'd think it
> has), but I'd like to know if making a directshow filter for Windows
> would ever be considered.

Sorry, we don't plan to create a directshow filter or codec. But if
someone wants to create one, it will be welcome...

> Basically, I love the interface and general use of Windows Media
> Player 6.4, but without a doubt, VideoLAN has many times over a better
> functionality. I've yet to come across a video I couldn't play with
> VLC.  But, honestly, I really dislike the interface and UI of VLC.

Maybe you could have a look at the skins interface, which allows you to
create a custom interface (even one looking like WMP 6.4 :-)).
It's already working in vlc 0.5.3 but the 0.5.4 version will provide
more features, like the standard dialogs.
To use it, start vlc with "vlc.exe -I skins".

--
Ipkiss