[vlc] Re: Print to Video

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Tue Apr 22 19:41:24 CEST 2003

On zaterdag, apr 19, 2003, at 04:29 Europe/Amsterdam, Matthew Boehm
wrote:
> Hey gang, I was wondering if anyone out there has been successful in
> opening
> a video (any video) and have the output be a firewire device.
>
> I have a firewire-to-analog converter on my FW port and I want to be
> able to
> watch divx movies on my TV and record them to my VCR.
>
> Anyone know how to do this? Or even how to proceede in doing this?
> I'm on Mac OS X.

This is currently not possible with VLC. it could be implemented
though, if we had someone in the team who would know how to write such
an extension. I don't know of any way to do this on the mac currently,
although i'm sure it's possible (with Quicktime files that is).

Derk-Jan Hartman
---
Videolan - VLC media player
Derk-Jan Hartman (thedj at users.sourceforge.net)