[vlc] Re: some question about vlc

mahesh malviya mahesh_malviya at sify.com
Wed Apr 23 13:19:33 CEST 2003

Quoting  :

> Dear vlc ,
>
> I download the latest version vlc-0.5.3 and want to ask some qustions :
>
> 1. My environment is listing below :
>     Server side : RedHat Linux 7.3
>     Client side : Windows XP
> 2. The same mp4 file use unicast , multicast and HTTP to test and only
> HTTP function works
>
> Can you tell us what's the reason is ?
>
> Thanks in advance
hello Simon Lu,
    I think u have not configured /usr/local/etc/videolan/vls/vls.cfg file.
For unicast
In vls.cfg file in channel declaration u enable the opion client1=network and
In channel declaration you enable, the BEGIN  END and write the IP address of the system to whom u want to unicast.

For unicast
In vls.cfg file in channel declaration u enable the opion multicast=network and
in channel declaration you enable the BEGIN ENd block write the mulitcast IP address for multicasting.

Now please solve my problem.
For mp4 files how your HTTP works because I could not do it. Please I will be very thankful to you if u replies me. I am also new to vlc.
Thanks in advance
bye
  mahesh malviya