[vlc] AW: Re: trouble compiling v4l-support in as well as ffmpeg

justin case justin_case at gmx.net
Sat Apr 26 18:19:33 CEST 2003

hmm, i added path in /etc/ld.so.conf but still i get the error-message.

meanwhile i could figure out some more. when i configure
with --enable-xvid=/usr/local/lib
i don't get any error-messages when configuring and compiling but obviously
xvid can't be found/used.

when i only do --enable-xvid the configure-output at some point is:
checking xvid.h usability... yes
checking xvid.h presence... yes
checking for xvid.h... yes
checking for xvid_init in -lxvid... no

so -lxvid doesn't tell me anything and i am stuck here.
i tried strace on the different configures but i couldn't find any direct
open...something that would tell me what it is looking for.

i have the following 3 xvid-related files on my system (+ a manpage and
xvidtune..):
/usr/local/include/xvid.h
/usr/local/lib/libxvidcore.so
/usr/local/lib/libxvidcore.a

when i tell configure to use /usr/local/lib
it also finds xvid.h in /usr/local/include so it finds all the related
files.

what is wrong?