[vlc]

Fuchs, Ira ihf at mellon.org
Mon Apr 28 14:46:05 CEST 2003

I am unable to receive a stream on RedHat8 sent from a PC. The PC is
unicasting to the Linux system's IP address. As soon as I click on the Net
icon under Linux, I get:

[00000161] main interface error: option frequency does not exist
[00000161] main interface error: option symbol-rate does not exist

If then click OK in the Play stream window, I get:

[00000163] main input: playlist item `udp://'

but no stream is played.

I have no problem streaming from Linux to the PC.

Can someone suggest what is wrong or what I might do to diagnose the
problem?

Thank you.