[vlc] Re: Comments on 0.6.1, plus Subtitle questions

Christopher DeMarco cdemarco at fastmail.fm
Fri Aug 1 04:28:29 CEST 2003

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 16:54:23 +0200, "Sigmund Augdal"
<Sigmund.Augdal at idi.ntnu.no> said:
> Changing colors is doable, and on my todo-list, but it is not _the_
> solution
> to make the subtitles more readable. I've been searching for a solution
> this problem, but still haven't found anything, so any help whould be
> appreceated. Actually there is no black border at all anymore, and this

I'm not at all knowledgable on the subject, so I can't give any more
detailed information other than this:  there is a terminal emulator
called "aterm" (http://aterm.sourceforge.net) which does very very nice
transparency, using many different types of algorithms to achieve optimal
transparency against backgrounds of varying visual characteristics.
Maybe you can have a look at the code and get some ideas?
--
~ You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike.

  Christopher DeMarco
  cdemarco at fastmail.fm
  +6013 389 5658