[vlc] Re: Theora

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Sat Aug 2 19:16:54 CEST 2003

On Friday 01 August 2003 01:23, arthurreeder wrote:
> I've downloaded the newest version of the theora codec, but It doesn't
> display video in vlc.  It says theora is supported on your site, maybe
> I'm doing it wrong?
> I encoded it with VirtualDubMod, and muxed it in a ogm file, with vorbis
> audio.  Am I missing anything?

VLC 0.6.1 is compatible with the alpha 2 of theora so make sure your sample
is alpha 2 compliant.

Which version of VLC are you using ? on which OS ?
Some VLC binaries for some OS might not have the theora support compiled in
(I'm thinking about the BeOS, Debian and RedHat ones). The Win32 and OSX
binaries should have it.

If you still have problems, you might want to upload a small portion of the
file somewhere so I can have a look.

Cheers,

--
Gildas