[vlc] Re: Live Streaming

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Thu Aug 7 11:22:14 CEST 2003

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 09:26:22AM -0400, John Anderson wrote:
> Seems like the biggest obstacle to getting DirectShow work done on VLC is the lack of a build environment using MSVC.
I've never tried msvc myself, but from what I've heard, the core parts of
VLC should be compileable using msvc. mpeg2dec, a52dec and wxWindows should
all be compileable with msvc. This should be more than enough to start the
work on a directshow input. The main part that does not compile with msvc is
ffmpeg, so there will be no transcoding in the msvc build.

Perhaps we should build a list of things that does, and does not work with
msvc somewhere?

Sigmund