[vlc] Re: VLC Stream to File issues

rettw at rtwnetwork.com rettw at rtwnetwork.com
Sun Aug 10 23:08:02 CEST 2003

> Not going to solve all these problems with my simple
> reply, just wanted to
> point out that using VLC's stream output is not the same
> as dumping the
> stream vlc gets. to dump the exact stream vlc gets use a
> command like this:
> vlc udp/dump:
> --demuxdump-file=/my_dumped_files/from_vlc.ts
>
> Sigmund
Thanks for the tip - I must have missed this command in
the docs.

Files created with the above mentioned command play fine
on all three players - xine, mplayer and VLC - this seems
to prove my theory - there is something different in the
stream out code that makes those files incompatible with
these other products.

Rett