[vlc] Re: VLC Stream to File issues

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Fri Aug 15 04:05:50 CEST 2003

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003, rettw at rtwnetwork.com wrote:
> I have been researching an issue with VLC's stream out capabilities. I
> have noticed that  other open-source players seem to  have issues with
> the TS or PS files that VLC creates.

> It seems that xine cannot play PS  files created with vlc at all while
> Mplayer can. The  xine team feels that the issue  is something in VLC,
> since  they have  not had  issues with  xine playing  PS files  from a
> multitude of other sources - I fact I have been using xine for 2 years
> and haven't  found a PS that  it couldn't play, except  for VLC's. The
> interesting thing is that PowerDVD and WMP  seem to play them ok. I am
> continuing to work with the xine team on this issue as well.
 Yeah, I  have found a bug  in xine PS demuxer.  I will send a  patch to
xine. (pack header parsing was wrong when previewing for mpeg2, one byte
is not read).

> The other issue is with TS files.
  Normally, all issues with a52 in TS are now fixed in cvs. Both mplayer
and xine should be able to read it.

 Do not hesitate to report others issues with vlc stream output :)

--
fenrir