[vlc] Re: redhat install rpm trouble

John Anderson john at gocoretec.com
Thu Aug 14 16:19:31 CEST 2003

I too just installed Linux (Red Hat 9) on a computer for the first time and
ran into a lot of trouble trying to install VLC.  The messages you got are
telling you that you don't have all of the necessary RPMs in the directory
that you are using to install.  When I installed VLC the first time I ended
up screwing up Linux so that it would not install and had to reinstall Linux
to correct the situation.