[vlc] no sound

Tim Folger timfolger at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 14 20:23:06 CEST 2003

I just installed vlc 0.6.0 on a Fujitsu laptop running a debian-based
distribution of Linux. vlc looks like a great program, but I when I play
a dvd (on a combination dvd/cdrw drive)I can't get any sound no matter
which audio setting I choose in preferences. Video playback works fine.
I'd be grateful for any advice.

Tim