[vlc] Re: VLC Stream to File issues

rettw at rtwnetwork.com rettw at rtwnetwork.com
Fri Aug 15 05:38:02 CEST 2003

>>> The other issue is with TS files.
>>   Normally, all issues with a52 in TS are now fixed in
>> cvs. Both mplayer
>> and xine should be able to read it.
>
> Ok - I downloaded the latest VLC CVS,and the issue with TS
> is still present with xine--When I tell VLC to receive a
> multicast DVD from a VLS server (a different machine on my
> network) then restream it to a TS file, the resulting TS
> still does not have audio when played with xine.  However,
> it does now play with audio on MPlayer, which it didn't
> before, so that's a definate improvement....  So it looks
> like we may still have an issue with xine.

Update:

I found the issue with xine - some time ago I reported to
the xine team that xine couldn't play a live stream from
VLS with audio - they found that VLS wasn't sending a
value for A52 properly, so they put a patch to the ts
demuxer to fix it.  Unfortunately while this patch made
live streams from VLS work, they break the audio on TS
streams created with VLC cvs code.  So it looks like the
TS muxer changes in the newest VLC also need to be put in
VLS.  After reversing the patch the xine team provided,
xine plays the ts from vlc fine now.

Are the muxer fixes also being put into VLS?

Thanks again for your support!!!  And thanks for Videolan,
a true gem of the open-source world.

Rett