[vlc] Re: VLC Stream to File issues

rettw at rtwnetwork.com rettw at rtwnetwork.com
Fri Aug 15 05:24:28 CEST 2003

>  Yeah, I  have found a bug  in xine PS demuxer.  I will
> send a  patch to
> xine. (pack header parsing was wrong when previewing for
> mpeg2, one byte
> is not read).
Thank you!!!!  I really appreciate the help.  I will be
looking for the patch to be in xine's CVS.

>> The other issue is with TS files.
>   Normally, all issues with a52 in TS are now fixed in
> cvs. Both mplayer
> and xine should be able to read it.

Ok - I downloaded the latest VLC CVS,and the issue with TS
is still present with xine--When I tell VLC to receive a
multicast DVD from a VLS server (a different machine on my
network) then restream it to a TS file, the resulting TS
still does not have audio when played with xine.  However,
it does now play with audio on MPlayer, which it didn't
before, so that's a definate improvement....  So it looks
like we may still have an issue with xine.

>  Do not hesitate to report others issues with vlc stream
> output :)

I will.....
Thanks again for your response, I have been trying to get
a resolution to these issues for some time.

Rett