[vlc] Re: no sound

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Fri Aug 15 19:39:50 CEST 2003

On Thursday 14 August 2003 22:07, Karim Nassar wrote:

> A little more detail on its behavior:
>
> The file loads into VLC, song information (title/duration) is displayed,
> the Play button disables, as if it is actually playing. However, there
> is no sound, no action on the playback slider, and the time counter
> doesn't move.
>
> Also, the VLC process fails to die upon closing the program window (I
> have to manually kill it).

Hmmm weird, I tried on Win2K and the file plays perfectly. No problems
whatsoever.
Could you have a look at the logs in the messages window and see if there is
anything suspicious  ? (you'll need to check the verbose checkbox).
Could you also try to reset your preferences settings to see if that changes
anything ?

--
Gildas