[vlc] Re: 0.7.0 Beta for Red Hat / Fedora

Torsten Spindler spindler at hbt.arch.ethz.ch
Wed Dec 3 17:13:55 CET 2003

Worked fine on Red Hat 9. Concerning the fribidi lib, I installed
SuSEs fribidi-0.10.4-66, see the result of rpm -qi fribidi below.
Seems to work, but only tried one mpeg file yet.

Bye,
Torsten

rpm -qi fribidi

Name        : fribidi                      Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version     : 0.10.4                            Vendor: SuSE Linux AG, Nuernberg, Germany
Release     : 66                            Build Date: Mon 14 Oct 2002 10:23:21 PM CEST
Install Date: Wed 03 Dec 2003 05:08:02 PM CET      Build Host: Neo.suse.de
Group       : System/Libraries              Source RPM: fribidi-0.10.4-66.src.rpm
Size        : 157139                           License: GPL
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Thu 01 Jan 1970 01:00:00 AM CET, Key ID 0000000000000000Packager    : http://www.suse.de/feedback
URL         : http://fribidi.sourceforge.net/
Summary     : Free Implementation of the BiDi algorithm
Description :
FriBidi is a Free Implementation of the Unicode BiDi algorithm.

The library implements most of the algorithm as described in the
"Unicode Bidirectional Algorithm, Working Draft Unicode Technical Report
that is currently missing is the support for explicit overrides.

In the API I was was inspired by the document "Bi-Di languages support
- BiDi API proposal," http://www.langbox.com/AraMosaic/mozilla/BiDi_API.html,
by Franck Portaneri <franck at langbox.com> which he wrote as a proposal
for adding BiDi support to Mozilla.

Authors: