[vlc] Re: vlc RTSP source code in CVS or snapshots?

Steve Huang t-steve.huang at midstream.com
Wed Dec 17 00:23:26 CET 2003

First of all, my platform is cygwin, running on Windows XP. My cygwin
version is CYGWIN_NT-5.1 (March 2003 build), and gcc is version 3.2.

I downloaded source code from www.live.com, following their instructions
in LIVE.COM Streaming Media page (http://www.live.com/liveMedia/), and I
did ./genMakefile cygwin, then "make", and got four .a files
(libliveMedia.a, libgroupsock.a, libBasicUsageEnvironment.a, and
libUsageEnvironment.a) as result.

Then I used following to compile and link vlc:

  CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/win32/include -I/usr/win32/include/ebml" \
  LDFLAGS=-L/usr/win32/lib \
  CC="gcc -mno-cygwin" CXX="g++ -mno-cygwin" \
  ./configure \
      --disable-sdl --disable-gtk \
      --enable-nls \
      --enable-ffmpeg --with-ffmpeg-mp3lame \
      --enable-faad \
      --enable-flac \
      --enable-theora \
      --enable-livedotcom \
      --with-livedotcom-tree=/usr/local/live \
      --with-wx-config-path=/usr/win32/bin \
      --with-freetype-config-path=/usr/win32/bin \
      --with-fribidi-config-path=/usr/win32/bin \
      --enable-debug

I got link errors saying "_impure_ptr_" etc, also complained socket
functions such as socket(), connect() etc cannot be resolved.

May be I need to customize the compiler options for libliveMedia.a? If
so, can you show me the options you used?

It will be very helpful if you can show me file config.cygwin that you
used.

Thanks!

Steve
t-steve.huang at midstream.com