[vlc] Re: VLC Product Redistribution

Benjamin Pracht bigben at via.ecp.fr
Tue Dec 23 12:23:30 CET 2003

Le 22 déc. 03, à 17:55, François Maingaud a écrit :

> Hello,
>

> You may certainly know the Kazaa Product. Avalon Online Distribution
> (part of the Titus group), is the official distributor of Kazaa Plus
> from Sharman Networks (www.kazaaplus.com). We are preparing a box
> version of Kazaa Plus, and we are looking for good freeware/shareware
> and demo products that could be added onto the CD.
>

> We are considering your VLC Media Player as an excellent product, and
> we wanted to know what to do to obtain the permission to redistribute
> it onto our CD.
>

> I hope to hear from you soon,
>

> François

Here is the 3.2 section of our FAQ :

You may distribute an original or modified version of a piece of
VideoLAN software as long as you comply with its license terms. It is
the GNU General Public License Version 2 (referred herein as GPL), and
it is in the file named COPYING in our products. The easiest way to
conform to the GPL is to accompany the product you want to distribute
with its sources. For example, if you plan to distribute the lastest
binary version of VLC, you should also include all the files listed on
the VLC source code page. You do not need to bother explaining where
the sources are, but the sources have to share the same media as the
products. There are other ways to comply with the GPL, but this should
be the simplest because it does not rely on a contract.

--
$(echo "BigBen")

Oui, je quote, et alors ?