[vlc] Re: A few questions

Tristan Leteurtre tristan.leteurtre at videolan.org
Sat Feb 1 03:25:57 CET 2003

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003, Sabbia wrote:
> 1) I know a multicast UDP address 24.x.x.x with port 12345

This is strange, since this address is not in the allowed range of
multicast IP addresses...

> 2) I know that multicast streaming is an MPEG video

Do you have more info about that ? is it MPEG2TS/UDP ? MPEG/RTP ?

> Can I view the stream with VLC? Which are the right settings to view the
> MPEG video?

You should go in File -> Network -> UDP Multicast 24.x.x.x 12345.
But I still don't understand why 24.x.x.x would be a valid multicast IP
address.

If you stream is not MPEG2TS/UDP, you may try the MPEG2/RTP input of vlc
using the command line :

vlc.exe rtp://@24.x.x.x:12345

If that does not work, check the type of stream, the IP/Port, check the
server sends valid MPEG, and send the vlc logs (View->Messages).

Regrds,

--
Tristan