[vlc] Re: A few questions

Sabbia sabbia at libero.it
Sat Feb 1 11:22:32 CET 2003

Hi and thank you very much for your answer.

> This is strange, since this address is not in the allowed range of
> multicast IP addresses...

I'm sure that the multicast UDP address is 24.xxx.x.x :12345
I'm inside a very big LAN, so that IP isn't probably published on Internet.

> Do you have more info about that ? is it MPEG2TS/UDP ? MPEG/RTP ?

I know that the stream is not MPEG/RTP, so I think is MPEG2TS/UDP.

> You should go in File -> Network -> UDP Multicast 24.x.x.x 12345.

I have done that but in the logs I get "input error: recv() (No error)" and
after few seconds "input error: recv() (Bad file descriptor)"

Perhaps I use a wrong setting.

Thanks Sabbia