[vlc] How to run VLC under WIN98

Steve & Michael sluce at pobox.com
Wed Feb 5 00:21:01 CET 2003

I downloaded the FULL version of the VLC binaries that is available under
the Windows download area.  I did not download anything other than the zip
file vlc-0.5.0-win32-full.zip.

When I try to run the program by clicking on the VLC.EXE under Explorer,
nothing happens.  When I try to run it from a DOS prompt, nothing happens.
When I try to run the program from RUN under the START menu, nothing
happens.  By nothing happens, I mean I do not get any response or user
interface.  A CTRL ALT DEL does not reveal any tasks that look like VLC is
running.  I noticed in the FAQ that some libs need to be downloaded but I
could not find any such libraries for Windows.  I'm at a total loss.

Thanks for your help
sluce at pobox.com