[vlc] Re: How to run VLC under WIN98

Olivier Teulière ipkiss at via.ecp.fr
Wed Feb 5 02:00:22 CET 2003

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003, Steve & Michael wrote:
> When I try to run the program by clicking on the VLC.EXE under
> Explorer, nothing happens.  When I try to run it from a DOS prompt,
> nothing happens.  When I try to run the program from RUN under the
> START menu, nothing happens.  By nothing happens, I mean I do not get
> any response or user interface.  A CTRL ALT DEL does not reveal any
> tasks that look like VLC is running.  I noticed in the FAQ that some
> libs need to be downloaded but I could not find any such libraries for
> Windows.  I'm at a total loss.

You don't need to get any other lib, that package contains them all (in
fact, the other one was already enough for most common use).

Your problem is strange, though.
You should have a "plugins" subdirectory containing many .dll files, do
you have it ? This directory must be in the same directory as vlc.exe,
or vlc won't work correctly.

Regards,

--
Olivier