[vlc] Re: internet explorer plugin

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Thu Feb 6 19:25:46 CET 2003

> I am not able to successfully get Internet Explorer [6.0] to auto-launch
> vlc; even after associating the .VOB extension in "Folder Options" -
> could someone please provide detailed instructions.maybe I'm missing
> some small critical step - any help would be greatly appreciated.
We have had reports that this does not work, but have not come to a
conclution as of why. So if you could do some tests and send the results
back here we whould be grateful.

1: in the preferences dialog, under "interface", write "logger" in the "extra
interface modules" field. Save settings and try launching from internet
explorer again. You should now get a file called vlc-log.txt somewhere,
possibly in the current directory. Send us this file.

2: in the preferences dialog, under "interface", write the full path of the
"plugins" subdirectory of the directory where you installed vlc in the
"plugin search path" field.
If you installed vlc in
C:\program files\vlc
you should write
c:\program files\vlc\plugins
Save settings and try again. Did that work?

Sigmund