[vlc] VideoLAN & Video-Conference?

Alke Wellbrock smartwoman at gmx.de
Sun Feb 9 18:56:42 CET 2003

Hi there!

I find vlc-streaming video a very interesting project and would like to present a request within this mailing list:

I'm looking for a possibility to install a system which enables a client of mine to offer the possibility to hold video-conferences with her patients.
What she would like to offer is a service throughout certain times (of the day/week) where patients can get into contact with her (other than by phone as she as a doctor
wants the patients to be able to  s e e  her), thus enjoying the opportunity to ask her questions more personally.
This service will cost a certain amount of money.

Now, as far as I can see, the doctor using a Webcam could send her pictures and sound through to the client who has the (free) software vlc installed on his computer.

But how about the possibilities in the above scenario for the doctor to    h e a r    the client throughout such a conversation?

And what would be the minimum technical requirements on both sides - user and doctor - to enable a convenient conversation between them?

In case anybody knows a solution for the above, I would very much appreciate to hear about their ideas & knowledge!

Thank you very much in advance for your time & ideas!

Alke