[vlc] Re: CANNOT play avi and asf with opie-vlc in iPAQ

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Tue Feb 11 17:09:40 CET 2003

Andrew leung wrote:
> Dear Jean - Paul Saman,
>
> Thank you!! But when i am using mpeg format, (i guess it is mpeg 1 right?) vlc in iPAQ can receive video wirelessly, the link is a bluetooth link. The quality is very poor and very unstable, I am using http streaming, it always gives error like "libmad error: libmad input stopping xxx decoding" ...or "cannot peak xxx", and if video playing, its delay is a few second gives one frame, would the problem caused by bluetooth but not vlc?

It means that you probably am losing *lots* of packets on the bluetooth
link. Without a log I'm unable to tell you this with confidence. The
logging of vlc will show if packets are lost on the network.

My guess (;-) is that the video has a higher bitrate then 0.5 Mbps.
While the bluetooth link only supports about 0.5 Mbps.

With a logging I can tell you more, without it keeps guessing.

--
Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman

Software Architect

e-mail (work): saman at natlab.research.philips.com
phone  (work): 040 27 42909
Ordina TA,
Science Park Eindhoven 5602, Postbus 293, 5600 AG Eindhoven
e-mail : jean-paul.saman at ordina.nl
phone  : 040 2601200
fax    : 040 2601199