[vlc] Re: CANNOT play avi and asf with opie-vlc in iPAQ

Andrew leung khleung at engineer.com
Wed Feb 12 08:35:54 CET 2003

Dear Jean - Paul Saman,

Thank you, I created 2 log (attached in mail) , it has many lines claiming

"input warning: garbage (0XXXXXXXX)" or "packets corrupted", "late pictures skipped"

I did it twice, created 2 logs, would you mind kindly have a look for me?

by the way, I would like to know more about vlc, from the vlc website I know that in familar version of
vlc it can support H.263 right? can I use H.263 instead of MPEG?

Is that the streaming I am using is in fact making use of MPEG-1? I have tried the --codecs option and try to use ffmpeg, but iPAQ said that unknow options, What is the role of ffmpeg in vlc? am I using it already?

final question, I am using opie-vlc http://XXXXX:8090/test1.mpg, Is vlc using HTTP streming, with UDP as the network protocol?

Thank you very much,

Andrew

p.s. I would like to say thanks again and again, vlc is the ONLY program that I can make it run in iPAQ ro receive video in real time, another package "opie-mediaplayer" complaint similar problem ( can't find Qt lib ) when I try to use it, I am trying to read your opie-vlc scripts and write one for opie-mediaplayer and I am still working on that, thanks for your hints.

In fact I am a university student and green to Linux ( thats why I am asking many stupid questions) and the use of vlc in iPAQ is needed in my project which is very important for my final year of study in university. What I am doing is ALL on Linux, while my classmate  can give a relatively smooth video streaming, using iPAQ but windows CE, My task is make everythings work on Linux box

Really thanks for your help so far.