[vlc] Re: Oversized Subtitles?

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Wed Feb 12 17:34:22 CET 2003

>Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 08:26:22 -0500
>Sujet: [vlc] Oversized Subtitles?
>De: Peter Curtis <pcurtis at hampshire.edu>
>A: vlc at videolan.org
>
>Hi,
>
>VLC 0.5 is great, but I was recently playing an AVI file with a .SRT
>subfile, and I had a problem. The subs displayed OK, but they were BIG.
>When there was a long line, it would take up half the screen. In
>mplayer, the subs were normal sized.
>
>Is this a bug in VLC? If so, is there a fix planned? If it's not a bug,
>is there a way to alter the size at which subtitles are displayed?

This can easily be fixed by changing the font used to display subtitles (--spudec-font config option). There is currently only one font shipped with vlc (font-eutopiabold36.rle) but there are scripts and instructions lying around that allows one to create new font files. I'll try to include them in the vlc source tree before the 0.5.1 release.

--
Gildas

MESSAGE PROMOTIONNEL

HOROSCOPE
Travail, argent, rencontres... Les astres vous répondent !
Retrouvez votre horoscope personnalisé au 0 892 02 61 60 (0,34 €/mn).
http://www.europe1.fr/communiquer/mobiles/aud_horoscope.jsp