[vlc] VLC plugin for Mozilla - I don't get it.

TNFB tnfb at rogers.com
Thu Feb 13 18:58:19 CET 2003

Hi everyone,

I successfully installed VLC 0.5.0 on my Red Hat 8.0 system using the
RPMs provided on the VideoLAN website.  I have tested the client, and
everything seems to be honkey dorey - cool!

I do have one problem though and I'm not sure how to fix it: Mozilla
does not see the VLC plugin, and the reason why is that there is no VLC
plugin installed in my /usr/lib/mozilla-1.2.1/plugins directory.  I have
the following packages installed:

vlc-plugin-a52-0.5.0-1
vlc-plugin-sdl-0.5.0-1
gnome-vlc-0.5.0-1
vlc-0.5.0-1
vlc-plugin-aa-0.5.0-1
vlc-plugin-ogg-0.5.0-1
vlc-plugin-mad-0.5.0-1
vlc-plugin-alsa-0.5.0-1
libdvdplay0-1.0.0-1
libdvdcss-1.2.5-fr1 [from the freshrpms.net website]
libdvdread-0.9.3-fr2cvs [from the freshrpms.net website]

I'm fairly certain that I've installed everything, but have I missed
something?  I'm starting to think that the Mozilla plugin will only be
installed if I install VLC from sources.  If so, can I compile just the
Mozilla plugin?  I hope I don't have to install VLC from sources to get
the plugin...!

Thanks in advance.

Kanwar Sandhu