[vlc] Re: VLC plugin for Mozilla - I don't get it.

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at penduick.via.ecp.fr
Fri Feb 14 00:43:46 CET 2003

> I'm fairly certain that I've installed everything, but have I missed
> something?  I'm starting to think that the Mozilla plugin will only be
> installed if I install VLC from sources.  If so, can I compile just the
> Mozilla plugin?  I hope I don't have to install VLC from sources to get
> the plugin...!

You have to install the package called mozilla-plugin-vlc. There are a
rpm on www.videolan.org but it seems to be Mandrake specific. I don't
use RH or Mandrake but maybe you could try with this rpm. Or may-be
there are a software to use debian package on RH.

You can also compile from the source only the mozilla plugin with the
option --enable-mozilla .

hth,

--
Xtophe