[vlc] Re: CANNOT play avi and asf with opie-vlc in iPAQ

Andrew leung khleung at engineer.com
Fri Feb 14 14:43:26 CET 2003

Dear Jean - Paul Saman,

Sorry to say "opie-vlc -p ffmpeg: doesn't gives any things....
anyway, I found that ffmpeg is not putting a high rate video out, i am still checking this...

I have tried to use other format or disable the audio to make less bit

but seems that vlc give poorer video when I use --noaudio options.

Sorry for many negative reply, Now the best I can get is:

if I use 160X128 and 3 frames / s , MPEG1, the video transmission is a little bit more stable, but after about 10s , it gives "Sementation fault"

Thanks,
Andrew