[vlc] Firewire-support in vlc/vls

Andreas Krings andreas.krings at rwth-aachen.de
Tue Feb 18 22:46:53 CET 2003

Hallo,

first I am fascinated of this great software. Please keep going on with
this great work!!

My question is, if it is possible to stream the video of my DV-Camcorder
with Firewire over my network (perhaps even in realtime)?? - Or it is
not possible for vlc or vls to stream video from the firewire-device on
X11 or a network???
I aske this because i thought about buying such a firewire-pci-card for
my computer and i do not want to buy such a card if it is not possible
to use it for streaming over a network!
So if somebody has got any experience in using firewire with vlc/vls or
something like that, i would be very grateful if he/she could tell me
her experience!

Much thanks for help and attention!

Andreas Krings