[vlc] Re: Missing something with audio...

Dave at 0Bits.COM Dave at 0Bits.COM
Thu Feb 27 10:19:25 CET 2003

As per my previous post, ensure you have configured/compiled with a52dec
library (liba52) or else you wont get any sound even though ffmpeg
has all the necessary code to do the decoding (since it includes
a52dec in its sources), or use my posted fix for the developers
that takes out the a52dec dependency and links with libavcodec from
ffmpeg.

Cheers
Dave

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [vlc] Missing something with audio...
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 23:30:50 -0800 (PST)
From: Christopher DeMarco <cxd204 at yahoo.com>
To: vlc at videolan.org

I've built/installed a working vlc before on a minimal RH8.  But now,
trying again on a bloated kitchen-sink RH8 install I can't seem to get
audio working - I keep getting this:

[00000140] main audio output error: couldn't find a filter for the first part of the conversion
[00000140] main audio output error: couldn't set an input pipeline

at the top of my logs right after all the plugins are tested.  The video
plays fine, but no audio.  I've not yet grokked the OSS/ALSA/ESD situation
so I can't speak to what drivers my system is using, but if anybody could
either point me in the right direction or elucidate what vlc is talking
about above, I'd be very grateful...

=====
~ You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike.

Christopher DeMarco
+6013 389 5658