[vlc] Missing something with audio...

Christopher DeMarco cxd204 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 27 08:30:50 CET 2003

I've built/installed a working vlc before on a minimal RH8.  But now, trying
again on a bloated kitchen-sink RH8 install I can't seem to get audio working -
I keep getting this:

[00000140] main audio output error: couldn't find a filter for the first part
of
 the conversion
[00000140] main audio output error: couldn't set an input pipeline

at the top of my logs right after all the plugins are tested.  The video plays
fine, but no audio.  I've not yet grokked the OSS/ALSA/ESD situation so I can't
speak to what drivers my system is using, but if anybody could either point me
in the right direction or elucidate what vlc is talking about above, I'd be
very grateful...

=====
~ You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike.

Christopher DeMarco
+6013 389 5658