[vlc] Re: Problems running opie-vlc_0.4.6_pre1_arm.ipk on Zaurus (OpenZaurus ROM)

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at wxs.nl
Thu Jan 2 21:28:40 CET 2003

Brett Lawhip wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using the OpenZaurus 3.1rc1 ROM on a Zaurus
> SL-5500.  I have downloaded
> opie-vlc_0.4.6_pre1_arm.ipk and installed it
> successfully.  When I execute vlc I get the following
> errors and the program exits:
>
> # vlc
> VideoLAN Client - version 0.4.6 Ourumov - (c)
> 1996-2002 VideoLAN
>
> intf error: no suitable memcpy module, using libc
> default
> intf error: no suitable intf module
> intf error: interface initialization failed

Could you try: vlc -vvvvvv -I dummy
and send the output as attachment.

> I have searched the archives and not found any
> references to the Zaurus so I don't know if it is
> supposed to work at all.  Thanks for any help.

To be honest I do not know if it will work on Zaurus. I do not own one
and thus cannot test it. The basic stuff should work however.

Please help me debug this one, I'd like to get it working on a Zaurus
too ;-)

Greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman.