[vlc] Re: Problems running opie-vlc_0.4.6_pre1_arm.ipk on Zaurus(OpenZaurus ROM)

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at wxs.nl
Fri Jan 3 12:50:51 CET 2003

Brett Lawhip wrote:

>>Could you try: vlc -vvvvvv -I dummy
>>and send the output as attachment.

> Hi Jean-Paul, thank you for the reply, here is the
> result of running vlc as you suggested:

Thanks, this really helps

> # vlc -vvvvvv -I dummy
> VideoLAN Client - version 0.4.6 Ourumov - (c)
> 1996-2002 VideoLAN
>
> module: checking built-in modules
> module: new builtin module `idct', IDCT module
> module: new builtin module `idctclassic', classic IDCT
> module
> module: new builtin module `motion', motion
> compensation module
> module: new builtin module `imdct', AC3 IMDCT module
> module: new builtin module `downmix', AC3 downmix
> module
> module: new builtin module `chroma_i420_rgb',
> I420,IYUV,YV12 to RGB,RV15,RV16,RV24,RV32 conversions
> module: new builtin module `chroma_i420_yuy2',
> conversions from I420,IYUV,YV12 to
> YUY2,YUNV,YVYU,UYVY,UYNV,Y422,IUYV,cyuv,Y211
> module: new builtin module `chroma_i422_yuy2',
> conversions from I422 to
> YUY2,YUNV,YVYU,UYVY,UYNV,Y422,IUYV,cyuv,Y211
> module: new builtin module `chroma_i420_ymga',
> conversions from I420,IYUV,YV12 to YMGA
> module: new builtin module `mpeg_adec', MPEG I/II
> layer 1/2 audio decoder
> module: new builtin module `ac3_adec', software AC3
> decoder
> module: new builtin module `mpeg_vdec', MPEG I/II
> video decoder module
> module: new builtin module `mad', libmad MPEG 1/2/3
> audio decoder library
> module: new builtin module `ffmpeg', ffmpeg video
> decoder (MSMPEG4v123,MPEG4)
> module: checking plugin modules
> module: browsing `.'
> module: browsing `plugins'
> module: browsing `/usr/lib/videolan/vlc'
> module warning: cannot open

Add /usr/lib/videolan/vlc to /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig as root.

Then try again. If that works then start vlc with the shell script
/opt/QtPalmtop/bin/opie-vlc it sets some variable for QT environment by
default.

Please tell me if it worked!

Greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman.