[vlc] Re: Firewire

jhhcr at earthlink.net jhhcr at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 28 18:34:08 CET 2003

Just watching DV in quicktime or send through firewire is no problem,
but encoding from or decoding into another format will take a lot of
time no realtime here without dedicated hardware. Its somewhat related
to an question I posted how to utilize the firewire port on the Macs to
import the MPEG-2 transport streams from HDTV signals in D-VHS firewire
outputs? I wonder if anyone is working on this?

But how do I get to them on a Mac?