[vlc] streaming

Shakthi M shakthi2k4u at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 3 12:25:15 CEST 2003

Hi guys,
Am using VLC for some time. I have doubt regarding the
demux present in the vlc.
There are 2 demuxes for demultiplexing the TS packets,
one is ts_dvbpsi and other is ts demux. Can anybody
tell me what is the difference between these two demux
modules? I noticed that some of the mpeg files are not
playing in the absence of ts_dvbpsi. what I understand
is ts_dvbpsi is used to generate the PSI tables and
there is no difference between them as such.
please clear my doubt.
regards,
Shakthi