[vlc] Re: Issues with Panther Developer Release?

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Mon Jul 7 12:32:30 CEST 2003

On zondag, jul 6, 2003, at 17:30 Europe/Amsterdam, HeThatIsHere wrote:
> Version 0.6.0 seems to be incompatible with the Developer Release of
> Panther.  Are there any fixes available as of this moment, or is a
> patched version awaiting the final release of Panther this fall?

We are not prime developers registered with Apple and therefore don't
have Panther. We cannot support it before an official release is
available.

> A few of the bugs I have run into.
>
> None of the movies I play have sound

I'm aware of this one. It has been reported before.

> Some of the videos open themselves into several windows, sometimes
> after a second or so all the windows close, other times you can begin
> closing the extra windows which causes them all to close.

Ehmm, thats strange. I've not heard that one before. Also seems like a
very strange bug to me. Are you sure the videos you are watching don't
have multiple video tracks or something?

> Please tell me if your staff

Staff??? We'd wish ;)

> has been able to replicate these issues and whether these are known
> bugs.  Thank you very much for your help and for making what I
> consider to be the best media player on any platform.
>
> Sincerely,
> 		Peter Gray
---
Videolan - VLC media player