[vlc] vlc 0.6.0 and mozilla 1.4 - can't build plugin

Christopher DeMarco cdemarco at fastmail.fm
Mon Jul 7 10:02:35 CEST 2003

Hey all... can't seem to get the vlc plugin built with the 1.4 release
of Mozilla...  I looked at 0.6.0 vs.  0.5.3 and  sure enough there are
differences  in the   plugin code  between those    two versions; with
mozilla 1.4 I'm getting   errors in  the vlcshell.cpp,  vlcintf.h  and
vlcpeer.h files...  Not much of a  C hacker so I'm at  a bit of a loss
as to where to begin debugging this unfortunate situation...

Anyone please help?

I've  got all the Mozilla RPMs  installed  (1.4-12 from RedHat) and am
configuring  vlc   with  --enable-mad  --enable-a52       --enable-esd
--enable-mozilla --disable-ffmpeg;   I've  got the  proper ``mozilla''
symlinks in place in /usr/share/idl and /usr/lib ...

--
% You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike.
  Christopher DeMarco
  cdemarco at fastmail.fm
  +6013 389 5658