[vlc] Re: vlc-0.6.0 and user interfaces

Jean Ribiere jean.ribiere at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jul 14 09:16:04 CEST 2003

> you should configure with --enable-wxwindows. wxwindows can be found at
> www.wxwindows.org. If you for some reason cannot install wxwindows, try
> with gtk1/gnome1.
>
> Sigmund

I have reinstalled vlc with following configure parameters :
  ./configure             \
     --prefix=/usr        \
     --enable-aa          \
     --enable-arts        \
     --enable-basic-skins \
     --enable-dvdplay     \
     --enable-dvdread     \
     --enable-esd         \
     --enable-gnome2      \
     --enable-gtk2        \
     --enable-kde         \
     --enable-mad         \
     --enable-ncurses     \
     --enable-oss         \
     --enable-qt          \
     --enable-rc          \
     --enable-wxwindows

Then I started wxvlc. The user interface seems better, but I could
not test in detail because vlc crashed in less 2 seconds with the
following messages :
  [00000116] main module debug: using interface module "wxwindows"
  [00000169] main interface debug: interface initialized

  GThread-ERROR **: GThread system may only be initialized once.
  aborting...

I suspect the problem is due to the fact gnome1 is not installed
on my current configuration.

If it is the case, I'll wait till vlc fully support gnome2.

Thank for your informations.