[vlc] Re: Xine cannot play MPEG2-PS files created with VLC streaming

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon Jul 14 20:21:14 CEST 2003

On Monday 14 July 2003 20:04, Sigmund Augdal wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 07:07:16PM +0200, Gildas Bazin wrote:
> >
> > Ok, I had a closer look at our MPEG PS muxer and it turns out that it
> > doesn't write any system headers into the output stream. System headers
are
> > only optional but I guess xine relies on them (I haven't looked at its
> > source code). Windows media player seems to be expecting system headers
as
> > well so I'll add support for them.
> Windows media player played mpeg ps files produced with vlc just fine
using
> the mpeg splitter from cyberlink powerdvd.

Actually, I was talking of Windows media player's native MPEG system (MPEG
1) parser. I started to hack the current MPEG PS parser to be able to also
produce MPEG system files ( so we can finally stream something that WMP can
understand out of the box ;) and I noticed that WMP doesn't like MPEG
system streams without system headers.

--
Gildas