[vlc] Re: vlc-0.6.0 and user interfaces

Jean Ribiere jean.ribiere at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jul 16 14:04:48 CEST 2003

Le Lundi 14 Juillet 2003 20:19, vous avez écrit :
> Try this command to be on the safe side: vlc --intf wxwindows --extraintf ""
>
> Sigmund

Thanks, now the user interface is ok.

However in some cases , vlc crashes
- with a lot of messages :
  "main input error: failed allocating a new buffer (decoder stuck)"
- or with a segmentation fault.

So I have recompiled with --enable-debug to have a back trace;
Badly I cannot start vlc under gdb (version 5.3). When I kill vlc, I have
gdb messages :
"Switching to Thread...."
"_d_debug_state() at dl-debug.c"
"56 dl-debug.c aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type".
I did a search on Internet and found some similar old problems but no
explanation.

Is there a parameter to run vlc under gdb (xterm under KDE).
Thanks for your help.