[vlc] help! mising audio stream with non-mpeg files

jacob hammons7664847 jhammons at emcity.net
Wed Jul 23 05:56:41 CEST 2003

I can stream an MPEG-2 just fine, excellent picture and audio, but when I
try other formats (.avi and .ogm) the audio doesn't work. The picture
comes across excellent, but the audio just isn't there. I've tried using
the transcode option with mpa and a52, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Simple playback on the machine I am streaming from works great with all
formats, but when I select stream output, the audio is lost.

Any ideas?

Thanks.