[vlc] Re: help! mising audio stream with non-mpeg files

Benjamin PRACHT bigben at via.ecp.fr
Wed Jul 23 07:37:44 CEST 2003

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003, jacob hammons7664847 wrote :
> I can stream an MPEG-2 just fine, excellent picture and audio, but when I
> try other formats (.avi and .ogm) the audio doesn't work. The picture
> comes across excellent, but the audio just isn't there. I've tried using
> the transcode option with mpa and a52, but it doesn't seem to do anything.
>
> Simple playback on the machine I am streaming from works great with all
> formats, but when I select stream output, the audio is lost.

Perhaps libdvbpsi is not properly installed.  Have you installed it ? Is
the path where it is in your ld.so.conf file ?

When correctly installed, a "ts_dvbpsi" module should appear in the list
of muxers.

PS : If you installed vlc from Mandrake packages, I experiences the same
problem with libdvbpsi. I would tend to believe they are broken...

--
$(echo "BigBen")

Oui je quote, et alors ?