[vlc] VLC 0.6.0 on a Windows stations CD

Fabien ILLIDE fillide.cambrai at nordnet.fr
Thu Jul 24 09:31:14 CEST 2003

Hi !

On the Free-EOS Windows station CD (1.2-2), if you choose VideoLAN in the
list of available apps, the 0.6.0 setup is launched...

Nothing particular here, but there's also on this CD other apps like Gimp,
Mozilla, OpenOffice, but in french versions when available.
(I ask myself : will there be a way to install VLC directly in french ?)

For these apps, some jobs are done, like Unicows setup, OOo, and
Dictinstall if you choose OpenOffice.

If you want to have a look, it's at http://free-eos.org/ or directly at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/free-eos/

Free-EOS is a french project, which is mainly a GNU/Linux server very easy
to install/admin (e-smith based), and this CD for winstations.

VLS could be in default server installation, we are thinking about it, but
RPM contribs are quite old.
Anyway it's not for now, but a VLS on the server + VLC on the stations
would be fantastic !

Enjoy!
Bye,
Fabien