[vlc] Re: VLC 0.6.0 on a Windows stations CD

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Thu Jul 24 19:11:54 CEST 2003

On Thursday 24 July 2003 09:31, Fabien ILLIDE wrote:
> Hi !
>
> On the Free-EOS Windows station CD (1.2-2), if you choose VideoLAN in the
> list of available apps, the 0.6.0 setup is launched...
>
> Nothing particular here, but there's also on this CD other apps like Gimp,
> Mozilla, OpenOffice, but in french versions when available.
> (I ask myself : will there be a way to install VLC directly in french ?)
>
> For these apps, some jobs are done, like Unicows setup, OOo, and
> Dictinstall if you choose OpenOffice.

You don't need to do anything to install VLC in french.
The default language set in the OS will be automatically detected by VLC
when it is started.

However note that the installer application itself isn't translated so only
english is available.

Also note that with each win32 release of VLC we provide an auto-installable
package as well as a zip archive (they both contain the same thing). If you
want your users to be able to start VLC directly from the CD (without any
need for installation) then you can just include the content of the zip
file.

> VLS could be in default server installation, we are thinking about it, but
> RPM contribs are quite old.
> Anyway it's not for now, but a VLS on the server + VLC on the stations
> would be fantastic !

Don't forget that VLC can also be used as a stream server so a VLC server +
VLC on stations would be fantastic as well :)

--
Gildas