[vlc] Re: Problems with vlc on iPAQ with Mpeg4

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Mon Jul 28 10:42:01 CEST 2003

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003, Ralf Bruenig wrote:
> Hello all,
> I got some problems with opie-vlc_0.6.0_arm.ipk
> together with Mpeg4.
> First I tried everything on my Desktop Linux PC with vlc v0.6:
> vlc movie.mp4
> vlc movie.mp4 --sout file/ts://movie_mpeg4.ts
> vlc movie_mpeg4.ts
> And there were no trouble at all.
 So theses files are ok.

> But when I started it on my iPAQ I got the following problems:
> vlc movie.mp4      # pictures are OK, but no sound
> vlc movie_mpeg4.ts # no pictures, no sound

It's probably  the fact  that vlc  for iPAQ isn't  build with  the same
library (As you are able to see video in the first case, ffmpeg decoder
is present and you have enough cpu power).
Could you check if
 vlc -l (letter L)
return at least
 "faad                  AAC audio decoder (using libfaad2)"
 "ts_dvbpsi             ISO 13818-1 MPEG Transport Stream input (libdvbpsi)"

If there  are present, could  you send us the  complete log of  the iPAQ
(using vlc  -vv) ?  Else you  have to build  a new  vlc with libdvbpsi and
faad2 libraries.

--
fenrir