[vlc] Problems with vlc on iPAQ with Mpeg4

Ralf Bruenig bruenig at berkom.de
Mon Jul 28 10:32:35 CEST 2003

Hello all,

I got some problems with opie-vlc_0.6.0_arm.ipk
together with Mpeg4.

First I tried everything on my Desktop Linux PC with vlc v0.6:

vlc movie.mp4
vlc movie.mp4 --sout file/ts://movie_mpeg4.ts
vlc movie_mpeg4.ts

And there were no trouble at all.
But when I started it on my iPAQ I got the following problems:

vlc movie.mp4      # pictures are OK, but no sound
vlc movie_mpeg4.ts # no pictures, no sound

I used the same movie-files. Therefore I have the following
questions:

Is the iPAQ version not a full implementation of vlc?
&
What can I do to realize mpeg-4 streaming on my iPAQ?

Thanks a lot for every hint.

Regards,
Ralf