[vlc] Re: PayPal Donations

Kevin McKinnon kevin at sunshinecable.com
Tue Jul 29 01:24:32 CEST 2003

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003, Alexis de Lattre wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 23, 2003, Troy Lemire wrote :
> > Unfortunately the method you've chosen (PayPal) is requesting that I
> > fork over about $2.00 to become a member, just so I can donate to you.
>
> Opening a paypal account should be free. Could you give us more details
> on where they say that they charge $2.00 for this ?

PayPal charges a small fee (now US$1.95) to your credit card to verify
that the card is really yours.  Once the card has been verified, by
confirming a code that's put on your credit card bill, the $1.95 is
credited back to your PayPal account.  So you're not really out the two
bucks, but it may be a few days or weeks before you can spend it.

Best regards,
Kev
Kevin McKinnon                                kevin at sunshinecable.com
Network Administrator                    http://www.sunshinecable.com
Sunshine Communications Ltd.                   office: (250) 442-5844
The Boundary's LOCAL Broadband Service Provider - Cable TV & Internet