[vlc] DivX files

Shakthi M shakthi2k4u at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 30 08:17:48 CEST 2003

Dear VLC/VLS users,
I wanted to know somethings regarding DivX files.
What I understand is, Divx files are contained in AVI
file format and they always have mpeg4 video and mp3
audio. right? But today morning I downloded some Divx
Files and found that some of them contain PCM audio
insted of mp3 audio. That means DivX can contain any
form of audio( mp3, PCM , aac etc)?????
Also I used VLC's stream output to stream these files
containg PCM audio. But at the client side onlt video
is being decoded but audio( since its PCM audio). SO
VLC stream output feature is not able to stream PCM
audio as such. Why is this happening?
Thanks and regards,
Shakti